DEPRESSION: I provide therapy for people experiencing depression of all types and severity. Whether you have feelings of sadness and mild depression or more disabling depression, or bi-polar disorder, you deserve the support and help to feel better. I have years of experience and skills in many therapeutic styles and techniques to help you on your pathway to understanding your depression, healing parts that may be there, learning new skills and finding your way out of depression. [MORE]
ANXIETY AND STRESS: I provide therapy for those experiencing anxiety and stress.We all experience stress sometimes, and when it is impacting your life, it is good to know that you can get the support to move through it in positive ways. Some of the different types of anxiety are Adjustment Disorder with Anxiety or with both anxiety and depression, Generalized Anxiety, Panic Disorder, Agoraphobia, Social Anxiety, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and acute stress disorder.
There are many strategies to help with the symptoms that you may be experiencing. I will share those different ones with you and we will look at what each of them can offer and which ones fit for you. [MORE]
TRAUMA, POST TRAUMATIC STRESS DISORDER (PTSD) AND OTHER STRESSER-RELATED DISORDERS: To live with the impact of being in a traumatic experience or of living through years of trauma can be a huge burden to carry. . I encourage you to get the help to heal and allow new positive parts of yourself to emerge. People have experienced trauma in many different situations, such as in childhood abuse or neglect, domestic abuse, other assaults, war, accidents. Some people will experience PTSD, Acute Stress Disorder, depression, anxiety, substance abuse.
I have a background in the study of and presentation of educational material in this area and many years of experience providing therapy for those who have experienced traumatic situations. There are a number of therapy techniques and approaches that are very helpful in creating positive change and healing. [MORE]
TEENS AND FAMILIES: I see adolescents alone for many reasons – depression, anxiety, eating concerns, self-harm, changes in family – divorce – parental conflict – blended families
Family counseling – parental support, sessions with teen and parent(s) What are concerns – what are options – Help teens speak up in healthy ways, to gain strength to share, to figure out how to be themselves, meet their needs – within the family and outside in healthy relationships. Encourage positive steps/ activities. Parents have the chance to talk about their concerns and emotions – wanting the best for your child, getting support, insight, understanding your teen more. These and other family/close relationships get help and support to create healthy and happier people and more successful relationships that continue to grow. [MORE]
MILITARY SERVICE MEMBERS AND FAMILIES: I provide therapy for military service members and veterans and their families. Service members, past and current, may have experiences that they find helpful to talk about. Some return from deployment with symptoms of PTSD and other struggles which can be aided and moved through with therapy. “When one family member serves, the whole family serves.” Getting support and counseling through the many phases of the military service experience is important for many family members and other special people in the service member’s life, who come in individually, as a couple and as a family. [MORE]
POLICE OFFICERS, FIREFIGHTERS, RESPONDENTS: Many people in these and other jobs have experience much trauma in their roles. Therapy is now much more accepted and people have been able to receive the needed help. I have found Accelerated Resolution Therapy to be the most successful at providing that help.
LIST OF COUNSELING SERVICES: [MORE]
- Depression – Major Depression, Persistent Depressive Disorder, Bipolar Depression.
- Winter Seasonal Affective Disorder.
- Anxiety – Generalized Anxiety, Panic Disorder, Agoraphobia, Social Anxiety, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and acute stress disorder.
- Adjustment Disorders (stress-related conditions). Sometimes there are stresses in a person’s life, that bring on feelings of sadness and fears, difficulty knowing what to do. The feelings that you may be experiencing may be surprising to you – you don’t typically feel or act this way and it is significantly impacting your life. You may be experiencing an Adjustment Disorder. People can have adjustment disorders with anxiety, depression, and your actions.
- Trauma from war, childhood trauma, accidents, rape, domestic abuse and more.
- Military/veterans: PTSD, depression, families and deployment, relationships, finances and more.
- Grief and loss
- Attention Deficit Disorder in adults and teens
- High functioning Autism – Aspergers
- Substance abuse counseling and other addictive behaviors and the underlying emotional parts
- Chronic illness
- Body Image
- Mind-body feelings connections
THERAPY APPROACHES: Some of the therapy methods that I find are helpful in supporting people along their unique pathway to change: [MORE]
- ART (Accelerated Resolution Therapy)
- CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy)
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing)
- DBT (Dialectical Behavioral Therapy)
- Stress Management skills such as relaxation skills, mindfulness, meditation
- Solution Focused
- Thought Field Therapy, Emotion Freedom Technique
- Family Systems Theory approach